Beansntatersmama

This blog will be written by a stay at home mom/student. I am trying to enjoy every minute of life I get and raise my children to be happy with what we have been given. Anything written here will be by me, for my well being and piece of mind. I want to open other peoples eyes, and let them see that we can make it on less.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Too many eggs? Bake a pound cake!

So my baby sister has chickens, good for her but great for me. She likes the chickens and I love the eggs. They are free by the way. Even if they weren't free I would pay for them because once you get used to free range you'll never want another store bought. So for about 5 months out of the year we get lots of eggs. I eat egg sandwiches, egg salad, quiche, waffles, pancakes, boiled, scrambled, and yes I use them for baking. I am on the search for the perfect pound cake. My husbands grandfather made the best one I've ever tasted and Aunt Pammy if you have it and read this I would love to have it. Here is the easiest I've made so far.
Pound Cake.
1. 1 2/3 cups sugar
2. 2 sticks of butter
3. 5 eggs
4. 1/2 teaspoon salt
5. 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
6. 1/4 cup milk
7. 2 cups plain flour

Let all ingredients reach room temp. Blend sugar and butter until well mixed. Add one egg at a time until well blended. Add salt and vanilla and milk. Mix well. Add flour a little bit at a time until well blended. Bake on 325 degrees in a greased and floured loaf pan for 75-90 minutes. Great with coffee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home