Beansntatersmama

This blog will be written by a stay at home mom/student. I am trying to enjoy every minute of life I get and raise my children to be happy with what we have been given. Anything written here will be by me, for my well being and piece of mind. I want to open other peoples eyes, and let them see that we can make it on less.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Discipline.

Provers 29:17 Discipline your son, and he will give you peace; he will bring delight to your soul.
So does anyone else have trouble with discipline? I do the ten minute time out, and an occasional spanking. I am having trouble with my 6 year old and his mouth. I really don't know if it is just public school, his fathers tone towards me sometimes, or the kids in his class. I am getting it under control, however I have seen parents not care to get their children under control. The kid next door is always telling my boys that they don't have to listen to me. He tells them to just do what they want not to worry about what I'm telling them to do. He gets off the bus here every afternoon, and even though I am trying to teach my boys to always do the right thing I wonder about all the other kids that they are associated with. I wonder if parents correct their language, teach them to blow their nose, teach them not to spit, teach them not to hit, kick, bite, lick or kiss other kids. I am by no means a perfect mother. I lose my temper and on occassion cuss. I am not a tidy house keeper, I don't always have dinner ready when it should be. I am trying to teach my kids that life is not fair. You have to work for what you get and be thankful for it. A persons feelings are more important than yelling and screaming. Never brag on yourself. And always treat people the way you want them to treat you. This Proverbs rings true when my son helps his little sister, tells someone good luck, or says his prayers and is thankful for his family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home