Beansntatersmama

This blog will be written by a stay at home mom/student. I am trying to enjoy every minute of life I get and raise my children to be happy with what we have been given. Anything written here will be by me, for my well being and piece of mind. I want to open other peoples eyes, and let them see that we can make it on less.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Making do or maybe it's making due.

I was just sitting here thinking, which scares me because I can ponder some crazy stuff. I always have to ask my husband some crazy questions and then sometimes look them up to find out the how or why to answer my own silly musings. Anyway to get back on track I was thinking about making do, otherwise learning how to make do with what you have. I am on a mission everyday to reuse and recycle and save money and the energy it would take to load up the kids and head into town. My grandma is 88 years old and lived through the depression, she is who taught me this saying "you have to make do". Of course her making do was a lot harder than mine will ever be, but there is alot to learn from our grandparents and elderly neighbors or friends. For instance they know what it's like to have youngins that are sick and the green beans are in, they know that those beans must be picked, snapped, and canned or they're lost. They can tell you how they had to ration sugar, flour, lamp oil. How they had grow the vegetables they ate and if they were lucky they had a pig or beef to put up for winter. My grandma still has chickens for the eggs, which is something that she's passed onto my sister. They love to watch their chickens peckin around the yard and I must say that after you've had a fresh free range egg you will never want another store bought one. My grandparents generation didn't sit around all day complaining about not having any money, they worked hard to provide for their family and they made do. I guess I've just been rambling on but basically I've been making do for almost a year now and I feel blessed to have my grandma still alive and using that saying. So before you think you have to have something just look around and see if you can make do. Good luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home