Beansntatersmama

This blog will be written by a stay at home mom/student. I am trying to enjoy every minute of life I get and raise my children to be happy with what we have been given. Anything written here will be by me, for my well being and piece of mind. I want to open other peoples eyes, and let them see that we can make it on less.

Friday, August 29, 2008

God Provides!

Have you ever noticed how when you really need something you get it? I'm not talking about those shoes that would look so good with that outfit hanging in your closet. I'm talking about living on a budget, you have no extra money and your washer quits. What are you going to do? I used to just go out and charge what I needed or more often than not what I wanted. Today however I would call around to different family members and ask if anyone knew of anyone with an old washer for sell. I would put in a call to my uncle who always helps with the finding of things like this and then instead of sitting around complaining that my washer doesn't work I would load the laundry and the kids in the car and go visit family and do laundry there. I would pray that the Lord make me accept this and bless me in some way or show me the lesson I should be learning. It always works, when this happened to me my father in law happened to have a washer that he no longer needed, and even though it only washed a small load at a time it was in my home at my convience to wash my family's clothes. After a couple of months of using that washer my mother commented on it not holding alot of clothes. I agreed but hey it was free and one less thing in the landfill. Would you believe she called the next day to tell me that my uncle had talked to her the night before and wanted to know if she knew anyone who needed a washing machine. He had bought a new washer to match his new dryer and if she knew of anyone they were free to have it. I got it and then passed the smaller one on to someone else who didn't need a full size washer. This is just an example on one of the millions of times God has provided. So much stuff has been given to me when I really needed it, everything from clothes to food to giftcards. I believe you have to know what you can live without and what you can't and learn how to make do, which I'll write about later. As usual thanks for reading and thank God for all the small blessing he gives us.

2 Comments:

At August 29, 2008 at 10:04 PM , Blogger small town city girl said...

Great outlook! And I totally agree.

About a month ago, our family van broke down and we had to spend over $600 to fix it. Now daily my son reminds me that we need to be thankful for the fact that our van starts when we try and start it. It really is remembering the small things and being thankful for those. :)

Have a blessed long weekend.

 
At September 1, 2008 at 6:36 AM , Blogger Angie said...

We do have to admit there has to be something bigger than us. I didn't really start thinking about god until my first was born and I told my husband that there has to be. It just seems that I get what's needed when it's needed.we just have to look for blessings sometimes it's not so obvious. Hope you have a great labor day.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home