Beansntatersmama

This blog will be written by a stay at home mom/student. I am trying to enjoy every minute of life I get and raise my children to be happy with what we have been given. Anything written here will be by me, for my well being and piece of mind. I want to open other peoples eyes, and let them see that we can make it on less.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

OUT OF DRYER SHEETS!!!!!

Well as you can tell by the title I ran out of dryer sheets. I decided to go crazy and live in the moment!!! Just kidding the reality of it is that I didn't want to load three kids in the car and drive to the store in the rain late in the afternoon when dinner needs to be cooked and kids need to be bathed and put to bed. So I decided I would go with a tip I had read somewhere. You put two bars of soap in a tube sock and tie the end up. That's it!!! To simple right. I put one bar of irish spring into the sock and tied a knot then another bar and tied the end up. It worked like a charm. The clothes all smell like my husband and the soap seems to melt a little but still using the same bars after a week. It seems to be keeping the static down in everything except towels but I just shook them when I folded them up. It actually worked better than some of the store brand dryer sheets. Good Luck and I hope it helps someone out in a pinch.

1 Comments:

At August 29, 2008 at 10:07 PM , Blogger small town city girl said...

Hey, in regards to your dryer sheets...have you ever tried making your own? There are recipes on the internet. Just google homemade dryer sheets. You'll be surprised.

Also, I make my own laundry soap. It is SO simple and cheap! That coupled with the fact that it is the best detergent I have ever used, makes it a winner. Check out my blog if you are curious I linked to the recipe. :)

http://asmalltowncitygirl.blogspot.com/2008/07/so-what-i-like-to-make-things.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home