Beansntatersmama

This blog will be written by a stay at home mom/student. I am trying to enjoy every minute of life I get and raise my children to be happy with what we have been given. Anything written here will be by me, for my well being and piece of mind. I want to open other peoples eyes, and let them see that we can make it on less.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Green Beans

Well I have been up to my ears in greenbeans. I've been picking, snapping, cooking, and canning. There is nothing greater than looking at you fresh beans just draining in the dish drainer after being washed and knowing that your husband grew them with the sweat of his labor (and our very hot summer days). I love to look at home canned foods. You know that alot of work and love went into them and NO chemicals or dyes. My only problem is getting the boys to eat them as much as they love to grow things in the garden if it ain't a raw veggie served with ranch dressing then it ain't makin it's way down the hatch. I remember when I was a kid I hated greenbeans. I actually didn't start eating them until I got pregnant with my first child. Love them now though. Well happy canning to you all.

2 Comments:

At August 27, 2008 at 12:12 AM , Blogger small town city girl said...

Hey there,

I don't know if you have looked into it or not, but being as you are living frugally...I thought I would pass on my new find. I found Money Saving Mom. I have her linked on my blog. But it has been wonderful for saving us money! She teaches you how to pair coupons with sales to save TONS! Just thought I would throw it out there.

Good job on canning your beans. I have to put up some more freezer jam before the berries go out for winter. My family can't get enough of it!

Happy canning!

 
At August 28, 2008 at 10:05 AM , Blogger Angie said...

Hello there, I love that website. I have also checked out deal saving mom, and freebies 4 mom. I love them it blows my mind that these moms take the time to help others. That is what unity is all about. Thanks for reading my blog, other than family I think you're the only one who even checks it out. Hope you have a great labor day weekend. angie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home