Beansntatersmama

This blog will be written by a stay at home mom/student. I am trying to enjoy every minute of life I get and raise my children to be happy with what we have been given. Anything written here will be by me, for my well being and piece of mind. I want to open other peoples eyes, and let them see that we can make it on less.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

YUMMY SUPPER!!!

Well I cooked a pot of pinto beans which is not something I usually do during the summer, however my 5 year old loves his brown beans so why not. I then cut up the taters out of my husbands garden and fried until golden brown, almost as good as my grandma's. Then I sliced some squash and half a onion and sauted in butter. You know what they say butter makes it better. I loved it!!! It was almost a free meal, I had $1.80 worth of ham for the beans, the beans were free from my grandma, the onion was given to me, and the taters and squash were homegrown. We all ate good and still leftovers for lunch. Does anyone else have any super cheap meals that rock? Even if it's an old standby for you it may make some of us very happy. Hope you all have a great wed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home