Beansntatersmama

This blog will be written by a stay at home mom/student. I am trying to enjoy every minute of life I get and raise my children to be happy with what we have been given. Anything written here will be by me, for my well being and piece of mind. I want to open other peoples eyes, and let them see that we can make it on less.

Friday, August 22, 2008

How to make biscuits

  1. The first thing you do is preheat your oven to 450 degrees
  2. Take a good sized bowl and add 2 cups of selfrising flour.
  3. Add 1/2 cup of shortening and take a fork and work it in until the shortening chunks are about the size of a pea.
  4. Slowly add milk until mixture is sticking together, it will be wet lookining but thick enough to form a ball.
  5. Shake some flour out on the counter and plop you dough on it. flour your hands and smash dough flat till it's about 1/2 inch thick.
  6. Take a can ringer or glass and cut your biscuits.
  7. Place on a baking sheet or pan and bake for 10 minutes then check on them and if not done give more time, they will be done when golden brown on top.

I have substituted margarine or butter or even mayo for the shortening. You can also add sourcream which makes it super yummy and crumbly. You will get better and better at this the more times you make them and then you'll be an official biscuit baker. Don't forget to serve with butter and jam. Also it's great if you can use buttermilk, (I usually use powdered milk for all of out cooking and baking)

2 Comments:

At August 22, 2008 at 9:14 AM , Blogger small town city girl said...

Sounds delicious! Thanks for the recipe.

 
At August 24, 2008 at 2:04 PM , Blogger Angie said...

Thank you so much. I love them with my mother in laws peach jam or my moms strawberry jam. Yummalicious!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home