Beansntatersmama

This blog will be written by a stay at home mom/student. I am trying to enjoy every minute of life I get and raise my children to be happy with what we have been given. Anything written here will be by me, for my well being and piece of mind. I want to open other peoples eyes, and let them see that we can make it on less.

Friday, January 2, 2009

Ways to save.

I am sitting here trying to come up with a good blog and for the life of me nothing seems to be hitting me as the right thing to type. I am going to give you a list of simple things you can do to save a little cash.
1. make your baked goods from scratch. I make our biscuits and would love to start baking our sandwich bread. I also want to conquer making cinnamon rolls this year.
2. Buy milk when it's on sale and freeze it. Thaw in fridge a day or two before you need it and shake well, I can't even tell it's been frozen.
3. Use your local library. The kids have a blast picking out their own books and ours has a great variety on movies.
4. Make one trip do. If you are making a trip out to run errands try to do them all in the same day. It might be a little more hectic but it saves on gas and may make it possible to stay home on a really cold day.
5. Make a menu plan. This is something that I am trying really hard to do. So far so good for this New Year.
6. Make do without. Do you really have to have the chips now or can you wait till the next grocery visit.
7. Never, I repeat never go grocery shopping on an empty stomach. It will blow your mind how much junk can end up in your cart while shopping hungry.
8. Whenever possible shop alone. My hubby is just as bad as my kids about throwing things in the cart. Can we say budget!!!
9. Use coupons with sales! Check out money saving mom she totally rocks and gives you all kinds of advice for free.
10. Stay home or visit family and friends. It seems every time I go somewhere with the kids we blow alot of money on fast food. Not only is it way unhealthy but I don't have an extra 20 bucks to blow on nuggets and fries. When we get fast food I always think about how many gallons of milk that would have bought, but now with the price of taters I might have to start re figuring.
I hope this helps at least one person. I always seem to think of great things to blog about when I should be sleeping or in the middle of cooking supper and then when I have the time to type I can't remember a thing. It's the mommy brain don't ya know. I hope everyone is having a great Friday and staying in out of the cold.

3 Comments:

At January 2, 2009 at 7:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I can't wait to read more of what you have to say! Great post :)

 
At January 2, 2009 at 8:04 PM , Blogger Angie said...

Thanks so much. Hope I've helped a little or if nothing else given you a chuckle. angie

 
At January 2, 2009 at 8:33 PM , Blogger ~ April ~ EnchantedDandelions said...

I definitely agree with #5. There is a HUGE difference in the grocery bill when I plan menus, write a grocery list, and stick to it for the week (rather than wandering around the store, picking up random stuff). I need to start doing that again as I've been slacking with the holiday chaos.

And LOL at #7. My husband came close to banning me from shopping when I was pregnant, because I would bring home SO much non-essential stuff, just because it "looked SO good at the time". :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home