Beansntatersmama

This blog will be written by a stay at home mom/student. I am trying to enjoy every minute of life I get and raise my children to be happy with what we have been given. Anything written here will be by me, for my well being and piece of mind. I want to open other peoples eyes, and let them see that we can make it on less.

Monday, December 22, 2008

Happy Holidays!!!

Just a quick thing about nothing. I am home and enjoying the day with my youngins doing nothing in perticular. we have the lights on the tree and most gifts are wrapped. We have a family Christmas dinner to attend tomarrow night and the boys are totally ready to play with their cousins. On Christmas eve I am going to my Grandmas to make her some crock pot macoroni and cheese.(which she will cover with sugar and eat like a dessert)I feel so totally blessed to be home with my family and able to just breath and not freak out. I even decided to bake santa premixed cookies instead of homemade.(he'll never know) I'm going to give you my top ten favorite things about Christmas.
1. Being alive to celebrate the birth of Jesus.
2. Getting Christmas cards in the mail. I just love em!
3. Watching my kids faces light up over all the decorations. It's better than Christmas lights.
4. The Salvation Army Bell Ringers. Always cheerful even in the cold.
5. Getting homemade treats. Just the taste of love.
6. Watching all the Christmas specials and lovey dovey movies on lifetime.
7. Watching my five year old wrapping gifts. As long as the gift is covered I ain't touching a thing, it fills him with pride to know he's helped.
8. Christmas carols. I love to sing along but I always break down and cry, I have ever since I was pregnant with my first born.
9. Teaching my kids to make homemade treats to be given to family and friends.
10. Drinking coffee out of my holiday mugs with my hubby while looking at our very merry kids, and knowing that finally I know the real meaning of Christmas.

4 Comments:

At December 22, 2008 at 2:37 PM , Blogger small town city girl said...

Merry Christmas to you too!!

 
At December 23, 2008 at 5:28 PM , Blogger small town city girl said...

I tagged you on my blog. hehe....

 
At December 25, 2008 at 6:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful list! I always loved the bell ringers, too. But, this year the one we kept seeing was always on his cell phone. I was bothered by this.

 
At December 26, 2008 at 11:26 AM , Blogger Angie said...

hey you emailed me and I accidently deleted it so if you can send it again do so, thanks angie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home