Beansntatersmama

This blog will be written by a stay at home mom/student. I am trying to enjoy every minute of life I get and raise my children to be happy with what we have been given. Anything written here will be by me, for my well being and piece of mind. I want to open other peoples eyes, and let them see that we can make it on less.

Friday, September 26, 2008

PREACHER COOKIES!!!!!

Well if you have any idea what I'm talking about then you are probably wanting one with a tall cold glass of milk. I am a coffee lover but I have to have milk with these cookies. I have been trying for years to make them from all sorts of recipes and it always ends in a mess. Usually they are too runny and I can't get them off of the wax paper then I have to store them in the fridge so they don't melt. Well not anymore. I'm here to give you the most wonderful recipe and so easy and cheap. (not to mention melt in your mouth good) A very dear lady who is closer to family than she is a friend gave me a cookbook. Actually she gave all the girls in our family the same book. It is recipes from Pleasant Hill Baptist Church and the recipe is called Mammaw Blanche's Preacher Cookies. I don't want to offend or upset anyone so I won't mention the lady's name that submitted this recipe.(even though they totally rock!)
  1. 1/4 cup of milk
  2. 1/4 cup of butter
  3. 1/4 cup of cocoa
  4. 1/4 cup of peanut butter
  5. 1 cup of sugar
  6. 1 3/4 cups of oatmeal

Mix together milk, sugar, butter, and cocoa in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and oats until well blended. Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper and cool to set. Store in airtight container.

I recycle cereal bags instead of buying wax paper. It works great and I feel like at least I got a second use out or it before throwing it away. It only takes like 5 minutes for these to set up and you probably don't have to worry with the airtight container because these are addictive. My boys can almost swallow them whole. Well hope you like the recipe as much as my family does. This is a great one to get the kids to help you with.

1 Comments:

At October 3, 2008 at 10:51 PM , Blogger small town city girl said...

Hey there. Just checking in on you. I noticed you haven't posted in a while. I hope things are good and you are just too darned busy because you're out having fun! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home