Beansntatersmama

This blog will be written by a stay at home mom/student. I am trying to enjoy every minute of life I get and raise my children to be happy with what we have been given. Anything written here will be by me, for my well being and piece of mind. I want to open other peoples eyes, and let them see that we can make it on less.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Humpday!!!! How many children do you want?

In case you have your mind in the gutter I am referring to the middle of the week and my sleep deprived mind won't let me spell wednessday right. Is it one s or two? Anyway I was up with a coughing baby last night and I get up a six thirty to get my oldest on the bus. I have been sitting here and reading about people with lots of children and I love the idea of always having little ones running around and into something. The question is can I handle it. Awhile ago I would have said no way are you crazy then we had our beautiful daughter and I thought well maybe. However we are financially challenged. I am not living on welfare and I cut corners and costs where ever I can. I want to live simply and love much. I believe that will be my new motto. The question is how does one decide how many children to have. Do you add up the cost or the profit? (and by profit I mean another child to love) If I were to have a fourth child that would mean buying a van and eventually adding onto our house because we love where we live. (perfect spot for kids to run around and whoop and holler) I can look at my messy unorganized house and the green beans waiting to be snapped and canned and the tomatoes waiting to be made into sauce and then still say well maybe one more child. I know some people that wanted to know if I knew what caused it when I got pregnant with my third child and the answer is yes. I know some people that thought I would go completely nuts when I decided not to go back to work, they thought that I needed that outlet to define who I am. At first I thought I can't do this and then I realized that this is the best thing I will ever do in my life. The only thing that will matter when I am dead and gone is what kind of human beings I have left behind. It won't matter that I couldn't afford a new car, or pricey clothes only that my children are good people. I want them to grow up and remember the time they spent with me learning to read or bake or even crack open an egg on their own. I want them to remember the love and know that I am home for them when they get off the bus and I am here with them when they are sick or scared. When I was growing up my mom was always home and all four of us knew she would be there when we got home and we always had someone to go on school trips with us or load us all up during the summer time and spend the day at the creek with a cooler full of drinks and bologna. We were taught to do chores and help the family. (without getting an allowance) we were poor but we never did without. My parents didn't have much money but on birthdays and at Christmas they were sure to get the one special thing we wanted. I want my kids to grow up like that. I want them to know that life is full of hard work. I want them to be proud of themselves the first time they cook a meal, mow the yard, or sew something. I want my daughter to know that there is no shame in being a stay at home wife and mother. I want my boys to be proud of who they are and not feel the need to fit in with everyone else. Anyway how would you decide how many kids?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home