Beansntatersmama

This blog will be written by a stay at home mom/student. I am trying to enjoy every minute of life I get and raise my children to be happy with what we have been given. Anything written here will be by me, for my well being and piece of mind. I want to open other peoples eyes, and let them see that we can make it on less.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Being thirty one.

Well as most of you know I just turned 31. Not a very exciting birthday, I don't get all crazy about gettinig older. My hubby got me a very thoughtful gift of 2 bottles of softsoap bodywash, and a photo album. The photo album because we have a plastic tote full of b/k (before kids) photos that need so badly to get out of the box and be put away. The softsoap is another story. I very seldom buy myself anything, let alone any kind of girly smelling soap. It is a splurge that I have learned I just don't have to have to survive. I usually just use soap and whatever kind of shampoo is on sale. I found softsoap on sale last week at kroger's and with a coupon I got a large bottle for $1.50. In my own little world I was stoked! What a great deal, and I would smell like a coconut! That very night my two little boys took a bath in my tub. They decided they really needed to pour the whole bottle of bodywash in the tub. I walk in and two youngins that know better, are sitting in the middle of a bubble bath from hadies. I almost cried. Sad, is it not? It's times like these when I think I need a job. I never worried about the cost of soap when I worked. I never did without anything when I worked. When the all the crazy emotions pass I also realize that I missed out on my kids when I worked, I missed out on alot of booboos, hugs, kisses, jokes, and cuddles. If I have to use plain old soap until they are all grown it is something I will gladly do. So it was a great gift to get two girly smelling softsoap bodywashes from my husband. I believe it took alot of thought on what would make Angie happy, and he thought right. My sister took me to see a movie and out to dinner, it's the one day per year that we spend any alone time together so it totally rocks. We always get the giggles until we literally cry. I decided that for my birthday this year I would cut myself some slack. I would do what I could at home and try my best not to freak or nit pick, I decided I would try to love my body the way it is. I can try to eat healthy and get in some exercise daily but the truth is unless I actually starve myself I will most likely never be skinny again. I decided to accept myself the way the good Lord designed me. I am a mother and wife and my kids and my husband don't expect me to look like a toothpick with cantelopes. As always though as soon as you start to feel allright with yourself someone or sometimes more that one person start to knock you down. I have heard everyone's opionion on my wieght, house cleaning, child bearing, ect. I have heard more information on what I should and should not do, and how to go about it that I came home and felt sick. I wish people stood together more, I wish family was more understanding, I wish people didn't try to force their beliefs on everyone else and just realized that God made us all different for a reason. I know it's hard sometimes but I try my best to accept people for who they are, and lately I try to just stay focused on the good things they do even if I don't agree with some of the things they do. It's hard to not judge, but we aren't here to judge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home