Beansntatersmama

This blog will be written by a stay at home mom/student. I am trying to enjoy every minute of life I get and raise my children to be happy with what we have been given. Anything written here will be by me, for my well being and piece of mind. I want to open other peoples eyes, and let them see that we can make it on less.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Potato Cakes.


I love these things, you can make them with all the leftovers in the fridge and have a great side dish or I even ate the leftover tater cakes the next day with scrambled eggs for breakfast. I started out with leftover mashed potatoes, which are hard to come by at our house. I have n numerous occasions caught my dear midnight snacking husband eating them cold out of the fridge.(yuck) Anyway I'll try to put these ingredients in some sort of order for you so they don't get all lost in my ramblings.

Start with leftover mashed taters I had about 2 cups
Add 2 eggs
1/4 cup seasoned flour or breadcrumbs, flour, crushed crackers, ect.
I added leftover cheese, I had a hunk of Velveeta with green chilies and I just cubed it into tiny pieces and threw it in.
I didn't have any but on occasion I add onions, broccoli, ham, bacon, and little tidbits of stuff left in the fridge. (sausage is great)
Mix it all well, get your frying pan hot with the bottom coated in oil.
I use an ice cream scoop to put big scoops in the hot oil and then flatten.
Fry on each side until golden brown and eat the first few done with a fork while still nice and warm. You know just for quality control. If you don't use the seasoned flour you may have to add salt, and I always add pepper. I hope someone out there tries these and loves em as much as me.

3 Comments:

At February 27, 2009 at 6:28 AM , Blogger Wendys recipes said...

Oh my goodness, you got my mouth watering. I have not made these in a few months, but oh my goodness they are good. If I can get me some left over mashed tators that my hubby does not eat before I can fix em, I am going to make me some. You cook like me girl, down home, good stick to your ribs food!!

 
At February 27, 2009 at 6:33 AM , Blogger Angie said...

I didn't start cooking like this till I started staying home, I grew up eating like this and didn't realize how good it really was.lol I'm all for good real food.

 
At March 3, 2009 at 8:26 AM , Blogger ~ April ~ EnchantedDandelions said...

*drool* I LOVE potato cakes for breakfast!

My potato cakes never seem to come out, though. They always stick to the pan and then I make a huge mess.

I hope you guys feel better!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home