Beansntatersmama

This blog will be written by a stay at home mom/student. I am trying to enjoy every minute of life I get and raise my children to be happy with what we have been given. Anything written here will be by me, for my well being and piece of mind. I want to open other peoples eyes, and let them see that we can make it on less.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Life in general

I just caught myself staring at my sleeping husband. Well to be exact at his wedding band. His parents gave us their bands when we got married. We had his dad's cut down for my finger and since his mothers was wider we had gold added to it so it would fit his finger. So my husband wears a big gold band around his finger. It glistened in the light that was coming through our bedroom window and caught my eye. I couldn't seem to take my gaze off of that ring. I wondered to myself what does that ring mean to him. That in return made me look at my own hand with my simple gold band and shiny diamond and ask myself the same question. What does this ring mean to me? We've had a rocky time with each other lately. I guess it comes from years together and just rubbing each other the wrong way sometimes. We have different needs when it comes to our budget. I don't like to use credit. It tears my stomach up to know that we owe someone. Even if it is our parents. Doesn't bother me if my sis wants to buy me something though. (she has my name for Christmas) We want different things from our marriage. I want my kids to grow up seeing two people madly in love. We have the power for that. I want to find balance between being a good wife, a good mother, and myself. I want to know God. I want to feel better about death and raise my children to believe. Sometimes life gets in the way of what we want or need. People let you down, break your heart, and your spirit. Loved ones die. People move. I just wish everyone worked on their relationships with each other. It isn't hard to be nice to one another. It's not hard to walk the line. I'm just asking that you think before you speak and that actions speak louder than words. Please pick a good action because bad ones also speak louder than words.

1 Comments:

At November 4, 2008 at 10:21 AM , Blogger small town city girl said...

I totally can relate. DH and I are in a lull right now too. With him being out of work and home for going on 2 weeks it has made for some trying times. You will get through it.

I have a really great friend that always sets me straight when I get a bit snarky and it's nice to have her to talk to.

Know, you are in my thoughts as we seem to be in the same boat. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home