Beansntatersmama

This blog will be written by a stay at home mom/student. I am trying to enjoy every minute of life I get and raise my children to be happy with what we have been given. Anything written here will be by me, for my well being and piece of mind. I want to open other peoples eyes, and let them see that we can make it on less.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The most wonderful lasagna.

Well as you can tell by the title it is the best. At least in my book. It is really my mamma's recipe and boy did we ever and still do ask for this on our birthdays. We don't go crazy on our birthdays but we usually always get together for a meal and cake. There is nothing like celebrating turning another year older than with your true homies. So let's see if I can get all this straight so hopefully you can bake some good stuff with cheese.
  1. You will need 1 pound of burger take your pick I've used chicken, beef, and venison.
  2. 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce. I just used some frozen homemade sauce about 3-4 cups eyeball it.
  3. 16 ounces if cottage cheese
  4. 1 egg
  5. 12 lasagna noodles
  6. 3 cups mozzarella cheese

The first thing to do is brown and drain your burger. You can add any spices you want or garlic and onion to your burger when you are browning it. Boil your noodles for around 8-9 minutes. Get out a 9X13 baking pan and spray with pam or grease. Add you sauce to your browned meat and mix well. Add the egg to the cottage cheese and mix well. Spread a little sauce on the bottom of your pan than add noodles. Then add more sauce/meat followed by half of the cottage cheese mixture spread all around. Top with a layer of cheese and then repeat for the next layer. Then lay the last of the noodles on top and cover with remaining sauce and cover with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour. It will be all bubbly and the cheese may be turning a nice golden brown. I don't really think this is that cheap of a meal but it will feed us twice and still have enough to share. Or you could uses 8X8 pans and make two lasagnas and freeze one or share. I sometimes add veggies to this like spinach or zucchini. So for dinner tonight we will be having lasagna, green beans, and french bread. My sister is coming to carve punkits as my son calls them so looks like she will get fish food ice cream for dessert.

1 Comments:

At October 29, 2008 at 8:43 PM , Blogger ~ April ~ EnchantedDandelions said...

Mmm, that sounds delish! Lasagna is one of my most favorite foods. Too bad no dairy for me right now, or I'd be all over this recipe!

(Although you did remind me that I do have a lasagna that I froze for after our homebirth that I never did pull out, so I'm going to put that on the menu this week for the rest of the family- woot! I get out of cooking one night!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home