Beansntatersmama

This blog will be written by a stay at home mom/student. I am trying to enjoy every minute of life I get and raise my children to be happy with what we have been given. Anything written here will be by me, for my well being and piece of mind. I want to open other peoples eyes, and let them see that we can make it on less.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

LIFE AND DEATH

We just buried my husbands grandfather yesterday. It was a very sad day. I can't ever remember seeing my husband shed a tear before yesterday. Gone is a good man. He was old school as I like to say. He worked hard his whole life. He helped people when he could. He adored his wife and spoiled his children. He always joked and had funny things to say. He baked the best pound cake I've ever laid my lips on. He never spoke ill of anyone. I never once in all the years I've known him heard him raise his voice to yell or speak unkindly. He never complained about anything. I mean never. I don't know many people like that. I want to strive to be more like that. I know he will be missed and mourned terribly. I guess that's all I have to say. I can't think of anything to say or do to make it easier on his family. I just want you to grab your family and enjoy them. Listen to your children and elderly. Have a conversation with them, hug them, love them. It's all we got.

1 Comments:

At October 20, 2008 at 11:24 PM , Blogger small town city girl said...

I'm so sorry for your family's loss. It sounds like your grandfather-in-law was a great man and will be missed terribly.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home