Beansntatersmama

This blog will be written by a stay at home mom/student. I am trying to enjoy every minute of life I get and raise my children to be happy with what we have been given. Anything written here will be by me, for my well being and piece of mind. I want to open other peoples eyes, and let them see that we can make it on less.

Friday, September 4, 2009

Being broke is depressing.

It seems to me that sometimes I feel a little bit sorry for myself. Like now for instance. We seem to be in a financial rut that we can't seem to climb out of. It sooooooooo depresses me. It is hard to live on one income. It is very hard to live on one income and always be happy and cheerful. I get tired of making do sometimes. I want to go to the store and go wild!(the grocery store thank God I'm not into clothes or I would seriously depressed) I want to get up sometimes and put on nice clothes and meet someone for lunch or coffee. I want to slip away and see a movie with my husband or maybe go to a bookstore. I have to remind myself that I am doing the right thing. I am home with my little prissy ruler of our world, I am home when the older two get off the bus. I know what my kids are doing. I take them to practice with my husband and never plan on missing a game. I read to them, cook their meals, and try to enforce homework. If I got a real job how much of that would I miss. I keep telling myself just a couple of more years but sometimes when money is really tight that isn't so reassuring. I lose faith in God. I lose faith in my husband. I lose faith in myself. I am not materialistic so don't get me wrong it's not things I want, just peace of mind. I feel for all parents out there trying to make it and only scraping by.

2 Comments:

At September 5, 2009 at 8:24 AM , Blogger midlifemom said...

You are not alone. I am a working mom but I wish I could stay home. I try to be really good with saving and paying off debt but it is depressing when you look at the big picture sometimes. I think about paying off our mortgage, which is over $350,000 and how I'll have to work the next 30 years! I do have slip ups or try to treat myself without breaking the bank and then remotivate myself. I guess just concentrate on the little successes and how it is worth it. I remind myself that at least I am not as bad off as some of my friends who are thousands of dollars in credit card debt and about to have their home go into foreclosure. Try and have a good day!!!

 
At September 6, 2009 at 2:15 PM , Blogger Angie said...

Thanks for the encouragment, I am not usually one to feel sorry for myself but with my Grandma passing and all this lack of money stuff I've been down. You are right all we can do is look at the up side. Thanks Angie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home