Beansntatersmama

This blog will be written by a stay at home mom/student. I am trying to enjoy every minute of life I get and raise my children to be happy with what we have been given. Anything written here will be by me, for my well being and piece of mind. I want to open other peoples eyes, and let them see that we can make it on less.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The rewards of my husbands garden.


This picture was taken last year, but my husband's garden looks just a beautiful this year. I thought I would be much more help to him this year than last, but due to the fact that miss priss is forever moving I can't seem to keep her on the same side of the house much less in the garden. His tomatoes are starting to ripen and every few days he brings in a cucumber. Yummy! I toast my bread, slather it with mayo while the toast is still hot. Then I layer slice cucumbers all over it with a big slice of tomato. Shake on some salt and pepper and scarf it all up. Talk about your cheap lunches. I also wash and slice the squash, add a little water and boil them until they are done. I take the potato masher and mash them all up and boil the remaining water out of them. My sister in law the teacher taught me the potato masher thing, it never even occurred to me before. She then adds lots of butter, salt, pepper, and a little milk. Sooo good. I'm off to fold cloths and clean bathrooms. Wish me luck.

2 Comments:

At August 12, 2009 at 2:09 PM , Blogger Wendys recipes said...

Good to know someone other than me does the garden thing. I have canned 160 quarts of green beans, 30 pints of tomatoes so far, and put up okra out the wazo!!! Worn out but it sure is nice to have in the winter isnt it!

 
At August 13, 2009 at 4:54 AM , Blogger Angie said...

Our beans aren't in yet but isn't it relaxing to snap beans? My husband thinks I'm crazy.lol What all do you do with the okra? I'm going to fry some squash this evening. Hope you all are well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home