Beansntatersmama

This blog will be written by a stay at home mom/student. I am trying to enjoy every minute of life I get and raise my children to be happy with what we have been given. Anything written here will be by me, for my well being and piece of mind. I want to open other peoples eyes, and let them see that we can make it on less.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday.

I am having a great day. I feel good and I'm always pretty happy.(except when I'm miffed about something) Half of my floor is so beautiful and I can't believe we were so lucky to have the family we do. A great big THANK YOU goes out to my in laws for the flooring. We have to buy some but they donated most of what we needed. Well I have a few thoughts for today, and I am sure you all are just waiting on pins and needles to see what the housewife/momma is thinking, right? The first thought of the day is: Have you ever notice how a child's eyes are perfectly spaced so you can give them kisses smack dab in the center of the forehead? If you haven't noticed you need too. Also this morning I opened a kashi cereal bar to eat with my coffee and with the first bite I could have sworn I was eating chapstick. It wasn't, it was the cereal bar, it had hardly no taste and I will buy no more. I guess it'll have to be the ole store brand or nutrigrain on sale. Today I will be making chicken salad and the recipe is as follows.
Buy chicken breasts, preferably on sale. Take home and boil about 45 minutes.
I also add spices like basil, thyme, ect. Whatever floats your boat.
Let cool and remove from broth, pour broth in a jar with lid or freezer bag.
Save the broth! It works great in gravy, soup, mashed potaters, or whatever.
De bone, and deskin chicken, take a fork and tear the chicken or a knife and
cube. Add a chopped celery stalk, then mix with mayo until well coated. This
is my mother in laws recipe and she also adds sweet pickle relish which I
don't always have. You can also add chopped apple, sliced grapes, raisins, or
cranberries, oh and don't forget the nuts. So yummy on a crescent or bagel.
The beauty of this is you can fit it to your taste, and make as little or as
much as you like. Good luck, hope you like it.

1 Comments:

At February 20, 2009 at 5:52 AM , Blogger Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Yeah on the flooring!!

Oh, yum! I love chicken salad!! :D I haven't had it in a while though. I've had it several different ways. Leftover turkey works well after Thanksgiving, too.

Have a great weekend!
Sherry

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home