Beansntatersmama

This blog will be written by a stay at home mom/student. I am trying to enjoy every minute of life I get and raise my children to be happy with what we have been given. Anything written here will be by me, for my well being and piece of mind. I want to open other peoples eyes, and let them see that we can make it on less.

Friday, February 13, 2009

Frugal Valetine.

My Valentines day will be spent at home with the ones I love. I don't need flowers or jewelry.(notice I didn't mention candy) I just need my hubby and youngins. Hopefully everyone in a good mood. I don't see the big hype, I mean one day a year people expect to get rewarded for loving someone. B.S. by those initials I refer to Bull Snot. When I was younger I guess I felt the same way but after having kids I realize that it isn't worth it to find a sitter and leave the kids or load everyone up and go to a restaurant where we will have to wait an hour to even be seated in the first place. I do however let my family know I love them. I get each of my kids a card and write something endearing and usually give them a little box of chocolate. My husband usually gets a love note and we cook dinner and have it at home. I love me some salmon by the way. Unless it's on sale we usually only eat it on Valentines and my birthday. I'm not trying to knock the holiday, however I just wish people were less materialistic. So my tip is to stay home with your sweeties and have a pajama party. Watch love movies, eat popcorn, and just enjoy each other. Home is where the heart is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home