Beansntatersmama

This blog will be written by a stay at home mom/student. I am trying to enjoy every minute of life I get and raise my children to be happy with what we have been given. Anything written here will be by me, for my well being and piece of mind. I want to open other peoples eyes, and let them see that we can make it on less.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

How goes it on a Sunday?

Well the answer to that question it the same as every other day. Some are good and some are not. I offended someone today a church and it was a complete accident. What I was talking about got taken completely out of context and another church goer picked it up and went with it in another direction and one person was left feeling angry. I have written that person a note apologizing and I have now decided to let it go. Normally I would worry myself into the ground but I really don't think God wants us to be miserable. I feel o.k. now. We also took the kids to the local nursing home yesterday to hand out tissues with their Sunday school teacher. I felt like a horrible human being. I cried when I left. I hate that so many people have to spend their last days on earth in a retirement home. I said a prayer thanking the good Lord that my family has pulled together to take care of my Grandmother. It also made me realise that I need to help more. I am so thankful that my husbands grandparents died in the warmth of their own home with someone the loved. I hate death. I think it's horrible that we are all just here to die. I am so trying to read my bible daily and teach my kids the right things but sometimes I have issues and wonder how on this earth can I teach them when I am so lost? Anyway it is a beautiful day and it feels like spring outside. Hubby took the boys fishing and I am trying to clean the horrible mess we call the kitchen. We went in half with my daddy and bought a hog which we then had made into sausage and pork loin.(yummo) Any way I figured it up and we have $1.72 per pound. That ain't bad at all around here. Plus it is being green by buying local and it's in paper. Hope everyone has a great Monday!

2 Comments:

At February 2, 2009 at 4:54 AM , Blogger Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Thank you for sharing your SONday. Glad to hear that you are able to try and reconcile the person you offended.

The nursing home trip sounds like a humbling experience. I pray that God will lead you in how to help.

Also, I want to thank you so much for coming and encouraging me on my blog. It was a blessing! I appreciate your prayers more than you know.

 
At February 2, 2009 at 11:31 AM , Blogger Angie said...

Thanks for the incouragment I guess God puts us through some things to make us the people we need to be. It's hard to just sit back and accept some things but we must try to look at the big picture and see what we learned from whatever we are going through. I hope you are feeling better and just enjoy every moment you can. angie .

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home