Beansntatersmama

This blog will be written by a stay at home mom/student. I am trying to enjoy every minute of life I get and raise my children to be happy with what we have been given. Anything written here will be by me, for my well being and piece of mind. I want to open other peoples eyes, and let them see that we can make it on less.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Grandma Bell's Bean Salad !!

Today I am going to share my grandma-in-law's Bean Salad recipe.
You will need the following things drained and rinsed.
1 can of shoe peg corn
1 can of baby Lima's
1 can of green beans
1 can of black eyed peas
1 can of kidney beans
All those should be drained and rinsed and put in a bowl. To that you will add
1 small jar of pimentos
In a small sauce pan add following ingredients and bring to a boil.
3/4 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of vinegar (I use white but I guess any would work)
1/3 cup of olive oil
Let liquid mixture cool and then mix with veggies. Let chill and eat. Great for anything from dinner to a potluck. Not to mention you can keep all the ingredients on hand for emergencies. Hope God is giving everyone a blessing and that you aren't to busy to see it. Have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home