Beansntatersmama

This blog will be written by a stay at home mom/student. I am trying to enjoy every minute of life I get and raise my children to be happy with what we have been given. Anything written here will be by me, for my well being and piece of mind. I want to open other peoples eyes, and let them see that we can make it on less.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Helen's real italian pizza sauce.

This recipe was given to me by a lady named Margret that works at the Troutville Thriftway. I had told her one day that I love homemade pizza better than store bought because it tasted better and was healthier. The next time I went in she had made me a copy of this recipe, that was shared with her years before by a friend in her church. It's the little things like this that really makes you appreciate friendships. Just the fact that she took the time and made the effort to share a recipe makes me smile, and makes me want to pass it on.

3 TBSP olive oil or mazola oil
4 cups tomato juice
1 can tomato paste (6oz)
1 cup water
1/2 tsp minced onion
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp minced garlic

Bring all liquid ingredients to a boil then add all dry ingredients. Boil over medium heat until thick. Around 30-45 minutes stirring occasionally. Add 2 TBSP parmesan cheese and boil 10 minutes longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home