Beansntatersmama

This blog will be written by a stay at home mom/student. I am trying to enjoy every minute of life I get and raise my children to be happy with what we have been given. Anything written here will be by me, for my well being and piece of mind. I want to open other peoples eyes, and let them see that we can make it on less.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Cockpot Macoroni and Cheese

I was on my way to krogers last night to search high and low for deals for Thanksgiving when a opossum ran out in front of my blazer.(don't worry he's not supper) He was fine, only cold. It made me think about all the animals that are out foraging for food after dark. I thought of rabbits because we see them all the time a night. I imagine they come out at night because it's safer to forage under the cloak of darkness. During the day a dog or hawk may have them for lunch. So I thought about how cold it was and all the poor animals who were out in it looking for their supper and I realize that I am doing the same thing. Of course I only had to be cold while the car was heating up and when I was loading groceries so who am I to whine right. Well we are going to a church Thanksgiving tomorrow after Sunday school and I will be taking macaroni and cheese. Yes! We haven't had this in quite awhile, maybe even last Christmas. Here's the directions.
  1. 2 sticks of butter or margarine
  2. 2 cans evaporated milk
  3. 6 eggs beaten well
  4. 16 oz box of macaroni
  5. 6 cups of cheese

So you put your butter in the crock pot and turn it on so it will start to melt. Then boil your macaroni for the length of time it recommends on the box.(I think it's like 7-9 minutes) Shake your milk and add to the crock pot. Drain your macaroni and stir into crock pot until all butter is melted. Stir in eggs well along with 5 cups of cheese. Salt and pepper to taste and stir again. Add remaining cup of cheese to the top. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. You can leave it in the crock pot for an extra hour to keep it warm without having to worry about it burning though.(depending on your crock pot it works with my old one but my new one cooks hotter) Share with everyone. This makes a whole lot of macaroni. You can half the recipe with the same cook time. Hope someone enjoys this. Kroger has their cheese 3 for $5.00 so that worked out great for me. Have a great Saturday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home