Beansntatersmama

This blog will be written by a stay at home mom/student. I am trying to enjoy every minute of life I get and raise my children to be happy with what we have been given. Anything written here will be by me, for my well being and piece of mind. I want to open other peoples eyes, and let them see that we can make it on less.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Meatloaf beetloaf.

Well my husband and my sister had a birthday yesterday. For as long as I can remember I have cooked for them. I have cleaned the house, cleaned the kids, baked a cake, and cooked whatever their little hearts desired. My sis called a week ago and put in an order for meatloaf. She didn't have a preference for the sides but meatloaf was ordered. So after church I will be baking a cake, making meatloaf, and trying to bake fresh bread that I found at www.leavingexcess.com. The house will have to suffice and the kids can wash their faces. I've been home with all three of them sick most of the week so I probably won't have the whole family like normal. Anyway I found this recipe in a kraft magazine and it rocks. It's a favorite of my family.
  • 2 eggs beaten
  • 2 pounds ground beef (I sometimes half it with deer burger)
  • 1 pkg 16oz stuffing mix for chicken (I use store brand I think it's a little smaller but works)
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup barbecue sauce divided
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Take 1/4 cup of your sauce and set it aside. Combine all other ingredients and mix well. Form into an oblong oval shape and put in a pan. Pour remaining sauce over the top in a pretty pattern. Bake 1 hour. Serve with mashed taters, and green beans. Hope you enjoy and it's plenty to have friends over so have a meatloaf party!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home