Beansntatersmama

This blog will be written by a stay at home mom/student. I am trying to enjoy every minute of life I get and raise my children to be happy with what we have been given. Anything written here will be by me, for my well being and piece of mind. I want to open other peoples eyes, and let them see that we can make it on less.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Aunt Jen's (should be famous) Banana Bread.

What you will need:
1/2 stick unsalted butter softened
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 egg whites (if it's for my family I just use 1 whole egg)
2 bananas mashed
3/4 cup white flour sifted
1/4 cupwhole wheat flour sifted
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1/4 cup raisins (I have also used dried cherries)
3 Tablespoons of oatmeal
2 Tablespoons of proteien powder (I omit this)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, mix all ingredients and pour in a buttered loaf pan. Spinkle the top with more oats and slivered almonds(I use pecans).
Bake for 45-50 minutes.

Rosemary's variation is to omit the butter and use 4 Tablespoons of olive oil. She also leaves out the bananas and adds 1 cup of pumpkin.

This is the best pumpkin and banana bread I have ever eaten and super easy to make. Love this with coffee for breakfast or a after school snack for the kids!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home