Beansntatersmama

This blog will be written by a stay at home mom/student. I am trying to enjoy every minute of life I get and raise my children to be happy with what we have been given. Anything written here will be by me, for my well being and piece of mind. I want to open other peoples eyes, and let them see that we can make it on less.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Home made tortillas!!!

4 cups of flour

2 teaspoons of salt

2 Tablespoons of shortening (I used bacon grease or you could use butter)

1 and 1/2 cups warm water


4 teaspoons baking powder


Mix all dry ingredients, cut in shortening, stir in water until well mixed may still be a little wet.

I used an ice cream scoop to scoop out perfect sized balls of dough and on a floured cutting board I rolled them out trying to keep them round and as thin as I could go.

Heat a heavy bottomed pan over med high heat and cook each tortilla till it bubbles a little, flip, and check for browning on that side and you my dear are a genius in the kitchen!!!

These are great for burritos, eggs, sandwiches, chicken salad, or even pbnj.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home